Friday, May 2, 2008

What Next????

I know asking this question is just asking for trouble. We have been dealing with all kinds of Crazy life events lately. The biggest is that the home we are currently living in in being sold. We just received our 60 day notice to vacate. So, let the countdown begin. When we initially moved into this house we knew it would be temporary. I just didn't think that I would be working on packing a house again in less than a year! It has been a little stressful, but what can you do? There is not much to do when you are in a position like we are. All we can do is move forward and find a new place to live! So, we have a Realtor and are now on the path to hopefully owning a home if all goes well. At this point I am just looking for some housing stability whatever that may be.
Easter was fun. I refrained from buying all kinds of stuff for the kids and really tried to make it more about Christ. They did get to have a Easter Egg hunt with the neighbors and we had our traditional basket search in the morning, but I really took it easy. It's really funny they didn't even revolt! They appreciated what they received and didn't complain at all. What a surprise. Below are a few pics of their egg creations.



I just hit the ripe age of 32! It was pretty funny, I was thinking about it a week before my birthday you know.....about how old I was. It was actually pretty sad because I realized that I had been thinking of myself as a 32 year old all year already. I completely skipped the 31st year! What a bummer. I guess it was a good example of my negative state of mind at times. I had been so bummed about 32 coming that I wasted a whole year thinking I was already there. Lesson learned........ I won't make that same mistake again. At any rate, Todd and the boys woke me up that morning with my Ice cream Cake and candles from Cold Stone Creamery (we ate it later- not at 7:30 am). They sang happy Birthday and gave me a sweet new Lowepro camera bag. Todd took off work that day too. I treated myself to a badly needed haircut and then Todd arranged for a baby sitter and took me to dinner. Man I lucked out when I married him. What a wonderful husband he is!

The kids are great. Ezra has made the A/B honor roll for the second time this year. He is doing really great and adjusting well. He is currently swimming for a USA swimming club team here in Maryland. The drive is getting to be a little much though. We drive about 100 miles a week total for just practice so we might look for a team a little closer to home to save on gas. Ez really is growing so fast and I can hardly believe that he will be 12 in a few months. Time has really gone so much faster than I ever thought it would. He is such a handsome kid and he really is hilarious. He has a great sense of humor. He Swam in one of his first big Swim Meets in March. He did great with a 6th, 7th, and 8th place in the events he swam. He received 3 medals too. We are so proud of him.

Gabe is such a card! He is a really happy kids and has a lot of fun with whatever he does. We have a membership at the YMCA here and he has made a lot of little friends that he plays with there. He goes to his first T-Ball practice tomorrow. That should be fun. I am not sure who is more excited.... Gabe or Todd. Todd loves doing stuff like this with the kids. Plus, this is his first opportunity to start grooming his "braves player".



On another note.... Todd's mom came up to Maryland to visit for a few days at the end of March. It was a lot of fun and we were all so happy to see her. We went down to D.C. for the Cherry Blossom festival and introduced her to some Persian food. She was able to go to Ezra's swim meet and we also took her to a restaurant for some great seafood. It was a nice visit and we were all sad to see her go. It's funny, being so far away from everyone now really makes the time we spend with family so precious. Living in Augusta before we never really experienced it like we are now. It's pretty hard.



So This has turned into a really long post. I want to post more in a day or two after Gabe has his T-ball thing. So, until next time.......... Love you all!

2 comments:

Theedholmfam said...

Michellie,
LOVE the post! Love the family! You are the best mommy. Your boys are growing up to be such gentlemen--and athletes!
good luck with the house hunting. I know it is hard--especially uprooting 2 kids.
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! Although I already knew about most of the stuff, it's nice to hear your thoughts on everything. Also love the photos. You do have some handsome boys!